As the holiday season approaches, the aroma of freshly baked cookies fills the air, and it is hard to resist the allure of sweet treats. However, indulging in sugary, calorie-laden goodies can leave you feeling guilty and sluggish. But fear not! This year, we have a solution for you! A delicious and healthy Christmas cookie recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your health in check. So, let us get started on making some guilt-free delights!
For this healthier Christmas cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (for natural sweetness)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Preheat Your Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. These ingredients provide a hearty, nutty base for your cookies.
- Blend the Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract. These natural sweeteners and applesauce will give your cookies the perfect level of sweetness without refined sugar.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Add Mix-Ins: Stir in the dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries (or raisins), and chopped nuts if you like. These additions not only add flavor and texture but also pack in some extra nutrition.
- Form the Cookies: Use a tablespoon to scoop out portions of the cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them with the back of a fork.
- Bake to Perfection: Pop your cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they turn a lovely golden brown. Be careful not to overbake; these cookies can become dry if left in the oven for too long.
- Cool and Enjoy: Let the cookies cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. They will firm up as they cool down. Once they reach room temperature, indulge in your healthier Christmas cookies!
This Christmas season, you can enjoy the festive spirit without sacrificing your commitment to a healthier lifestyle. With this guilt-free Christmas cookie recipe, you can savor the flavors of the holiday season while knowing that you are making choices that are kind to your body. Happy holidays and Happy baking!